ONKYO TX-NR474 (5.1 Channel AV Receiver)
- Unlock Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X™ Playback
- Music Made Easy with Chromecast built-in*
- Surround Enhancer* Mode
- Stream Anything with DTS Play-Fi®
- FlareConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Audio
- Dual-band Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, and Spotify® Connect
5.1 CHANNEL NETWORK A/V RECEIVER (AMPLIFY HAPPINESS WITH TOMORROW'S ENTERTAINMENT TODAY)
Built on a high-current amp system that effortlessly drives four-ohm speakers, the TX-NR474 has muscle to boost enjoyment of sound, whether it’s music, a movie soundtrack, or the Sunday football. Experience the magic of Dolby Atmos®* and DTS:X® enhancing 4K movies encoded with HDR10 or Dolby Vision™ via compatible Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc™ players thanks to the receiver’s 4K HDR pass-through function. You can share your music to supported wireless speakers over FlareConnect™*, while dual-band Wi-Fi® provides stability for Chromecast built-in*, DTS Play-Fi®*, AirPlay, and streaming services such as Spotify®. With a slick GUI and Onkyo Controller app, operation is simple. So sit back, relax, and let the sound of happiness wash over you. * Firmware update required.
- Supports 3.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos®*1 and DTS:X®
- 135 W per Channel
- HDMI® 4 In / 1 Out (4K/60 Hz / HDR10 / Dolby Vision™ / HDCP 2.2)
- 4 Ω Speaker Driving Capability
- 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi®, Chromecast built-in*1, DTS Play-Fi®*1, and AirPlay
- FlareConnect™*1 Wireless Multi-room Distribution
- HDMI® Terminals Supporting HDR10, Dolby Vision, BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz, and HDCP 2.2
- Supports 3.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos*1 Playback and Dolby Surround Upmixing
- Surround Enhancer*1 Mode Replicates 5.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos Playback with Virtual Surround-field Creation
- DTS:X Object-based Audio Reproduction and DTS Neural:X™ 3D Upmixing
- Stable Dual-band 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi® Connectivity
- Features Chromecast built-in*1 Wireless Audio Casting Technology
- FlareConnect Multi-room Audio Distribution to Compatible Components and Speakers
- Ready for Onkyo Controller*2 App Integrated Multi-room Intuitive Operation
- Supports DTS Play-Fi Multi-room Audio
- AirPlay Audio Streaming from iTunes and iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
- Bluetooth® Wireless Technology for Mobiles, Laptops, and PCs (Version 4.1 + LE, Profile: A2DP AVRCP)
- Spotify®, TIDAL, TuneIn, and Deezer*3
- AccuEQ Room Acoustic Calibration with AccuReflex Phase Alignment Technology for Dolby-enabled Speakers
- Advanced Music Optimizer to Improve Compressed Digital Audio Quality, Including Bluetooth Audio
- 480i De-interlacing (480i to 480p) via HDMI
*1 Requires firmware update. *2 For iOS and Android™ devices. Check App Store or Google Play for OS and device requirements. *3 Availability of services may vary with region. Please confirm before purchase. Subscription may also be required.
- 135 W/Ch (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- High Current Amplification System for Thrilling Stereo and Multichannel Performance
- H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Transformer
- Discrete Output Stage Circuitry for Low Distortion
- Non-Phase-Shift Amplification Circuitry for Clarity and Detail
- High Current Power to Drive Larger Speakers with 4 Ω Resistance
- PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Jitter-Cleaning Circuit Technology for S/PDIF Audio
- Decodes Dolby Atmos* (3.1.2 Channels) and DTS:X Formats
- HDMI Support for 4K/60 Hz, HDR10, Dolby Vision, 3D, Audio Return Channel, DeepColor™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby Atmos*, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DSD, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD (SACD), Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio Decoding
- AKM (AK4438) 384 kHz/32-bit Multichannel DAC
- 32-bit Digital Signal Processing
- DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG
- Theater-Dimensional Virtual Surround Function
- Pure Audio Mode with Easy Front Panel Button
- Front Panel Tone Controls (Bass/Treble) for Front L/R Channels
* Requires firmware update.
- 4 HDMI Inputs and 1 Output
- Powered Rear USB Port (5 V, 1 A)
- 2 Composite Video Inputs
- 3 Digital Audio Inputs (2 Optical and 1 Coaxial)
- 3 Analog Audio Inputs, 1 Stereo Analog Input (3.5 mm, Front)
- Subwoofer Pre-Out
- Headphone Jack (6.35 mm, Front)
- Speaker Posts with Screw Knobs
- Speaker Setup Mic Input (Front)
- Playback of USB Audio
- Crossover Adjustment for Each Channel (40/50/60/70/80/90/100/120/150/180/200 Hz)
- A/V Sync Control (Up to 500 ms in 5 ms Steps at 48 kHz)
- Graphical User Interface with Overlaid On-Screen Display (OSD) via HDMI
- Quick Setup Guide via GUI and Easy Connection Diagram on Rear Panel
- Large Input Buttons and Easy Sound Program Selection via Front Panel
- HDMI Pass-through and Network Standby Functions
- IP Control via LAN for Home Automation Systems
- 3-Mode Display Dimmer (Normal/Dim/Dimmer)
- 40 FM/AM Random Presets
- Full-sized Simple Remote Control
Unlock Dolby Atmos® and DTS:X® Playback
Object-based mixing lets sounds play through any speaker independently. Effects move above and around you as in real life. Enjoy movies and games with 3.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos* sound, and DTS:X through any speaker layout, and discover a new sonic dimension.
Surround Enhancer* Mode
Based on technology developed by Dolby Laboratories, Inc., Surround Enhancer Mode augments the object-based soundfield with virtual channels that emulate a 5.1.2-channel Dolby Atmos experience as delivered by a comparable 7.1-channel receiver. With Surround Enhancer Mode, you can enjoy a 5.1.2-channel 3D soundfield easily without need of rear speakers.
Music Made Easy with Chromecast built-in*
Stream any music from your smartphone, laptop, or PC to the TX-NR474 with ease. Control playback from Chromecast-enabled apps you know and love from your iPhone, iPad, Android™ phone or tablet, Mac® or Windows® laptop, or Chromebook™.
Ready for DTS Play-Fi®* Multi-room Audio
DTS Play-Fi allows you to enjoy high-quality music from connected online services, networked media servers, and your device library over Wi-Fi® to any number of compatible products using the Onkyo Music Control App for iPad, iPhone, and Android™ smartphones/tablets. DTS Play-Fi can synchronize the music in every room. Each member of your family can use their own device to listen to their own music in their room or group of rooms. DTS Play-Fi lets you easily structure a comprehensive multi-room ecosystem that satisfies virtually any need. For more information, visit www.play-fi.com. * Enabled with a firmware update.
Wi-Fi®, AirPlay, Spotify®, and Bluetooth®
Selectable 5 GHz/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi assures stable connectivity so you can enjoy smooth streaming over AirPlay, the Spotify app, and the local network. Bluetooth wireless technology also provides quick and simple wireless streaming from your choice of music application.
Internet Radio and Streaming Services
TIDAL, Deezer, and TuneIn are baked into the GUI, making it easy to select from a massive range of music and radio programs using Onkyo Controller.
FlareConnect™ Wireless Multi-room Audio
FlareConnect* shares audio from network and external audio input sources between compatible components. Enjoy effortless multi-room playback of LP records, CDs, network music services, and more with supported components and speaker systems. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Onkyo Controller** app.
Inputs compatible with FlareConnect
* Sharing audio from external inputs is enabled with a future firmware update. External audio inputs supporting FlareConnect may differ depending on model. Please consult individual product specification for more information. ** Download free from the App Store or Google Play.
Onkyo Controller Supports Next Generation Network Audio
Onkyo Controller collects streaming services and network-attached audio into an intuitive smartphone app. Control playback, explore services, and distribute audio all over the home via FlareConnect from one easy interface. Alternatively, you can use familiar music apps now supported within this next-generation network ecosystem.
Powerful Amplification for Dynamic Sound
High current power is proven by the TX-NR474’s ability to drive four-ohm speaker loads, which will severely test the strongest amp. Heaps of muscle means superior control for outstanding clarity and transient response, restoring energy to music and the surround-sound experience.
Supports 4K HDR and BT.2020 Video Pass-through
Connect up to four media players to the receiver’s HDCP 2.2-compliant HDMI® inputs. The terminals support pass-through of 4K/60 Hz video in HDR10 or Dolby Vision™* formats, as well as BT.2020 4K video standard. Enjoy premium 4K Ultra HD content untouched from source to screen.
Graphical Interface with Easy Setup
With your speakers and media players connected, plug in the AccuEQ mic and let the intuitive GUI guide you through initial setup, from speaker calibration to network connection. The interface eliminates frustration and makes everyday control simple and enjoyable.