Enjoy enhanced multi-channel sound and THX certification with the Onkyo HT-S9800THX 7.1-Channel Network Home Theater System. This system produces up to 115W per channel at 6 Ohms and consists of a network-enabled A/V receiver, two front speakers, two surround speakers, two surround back speakers, a center speaker, and a 125W front-firing powered subwoofer. It can also accept optional height speakers for Dolby Atmos playback.
Built-in Bluetooth connectivity allows you to wirelessly pair with other Bluetooth-enabled audio sources such as computers, smartphones, and tablets for music playback. Onboard Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity give you the ability to stream music from Internet radio sources like Pandora and Deezer. You can also connect high-resolution audio sources to the receiver's rear-panel USB port.
The Onkyo HT-S9800THX has seven HDMI inputs for connecting digital audio and video sources. There is also a digital coaxial and two optical connections for interfacing additional audio sources. Built-in high-resolution audio support allows you to take advantage of high-resolution surround sound formats like DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD.
THX Certified Reference Sound
THX Integrated System certification is designed to guarantee theater-quality sound in an all-in-one package. Certified systems are well suited for smaller spaces where the screen-to-seat viewing distance is approximately 6 to 8'. All components within the system are tested to meet THX standards, delivering the same distortion-free sound volume you experience in a commercial theater.
Dynamic Audio Amplification
The high-current capability of Dynamic Audio Amplification is designed to drive 4-Ohm speaker loads, which test even strong amplifiers. This "muscle" means enhanced control, restoring energy to stereo and multichannel sound. In addition, VLSC is designed to eliminate pulse-noise for optimal playback of quality stereo sources.
THX Integrated System Certified Speakers
The included speaker system features solid MDF enclosures and A-OMF woofers (layered polyethylene naphthalate and flexible cotton weave). The surround speakers are equipped with A-OMF drivers to help ensure full-scale surround sound. The front-firing subwoofer fitted with a 12" cone outputs 125 watts of bass.
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X
Object-based soundtracks allow independently mixed sound to play through any speaker in your system, moving above and around you with enhanced realism. The HT-S9800THX reproduces 5.2.2-channel Dolby Atmos or DTS:X formats, with the included wall-mountable surround speakers reproducing overhead effects.
Supports HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz, and HDCP 2.2
The six rear HDMI inputs and main out support pass-through of HDR10, Dolby Vision, HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma), BT.2020, 4K/60 Hz video, and HDCP 2.2 for enhanced playback compatibility. The front HDMI input provides easy temporary connection for a video camera, while the sub out is well suited for projector connection.
Wi-Fi, AirPlay, Spotify, & Bluetooth
Selectable 5/2.4 GHz Wi-Fi helps ensure stable connectivity so you can enjoy smooth streaming over AirPlay, the Spotify app, and the local network. Bluetooth wireless technology also provides quick and simple wireless streaming from your choice of music application.
Internet Radio and Streaming Services
TIDAL, Deezer, Pandora, and TuneIn are onboard to make selecting from a range of music and radio programs using the Onkyo Controller app simple.
Powered Zone 2
Powered Zone 2 speaker outputs let you send amplified network, S/PDIF, and analog audio sources to a pair of speakers in another room. Control playback using the Onkyo Controller app.
The Onkyo Controller App Supports Network Audio with FireConnect
The Onkyo Controller app collects streaming services and local network audio so you can control playback, explore services, and distribute audio all over the home via FireConnect powered by Blackfire from one interface.
FireConnect Wireless Multi-Room Audio, via Future Firmware Update
FireConnect mirrors network audio and external analog sources connected to a master component, from streaming services to vinyl records, on optional FireConnect-compatible speakers in other rooms. Music selection, speaker grouping, and playback management across the home are built into the Onkyo Controller app for iOS and Android. FireConnect is scheduled to be made available following a future firmware update.
Chromecast built-in, via Future Firmware Update
Stream any music from your compatible smartphone, laptop, or computer to the HT-S9800THX. Control playback with Chromecast-enabled apps from your iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet, Mac or Windows laptop, or Chromebook. Chromecast built-in is scheduled to be made available following a future firmware update.
DTS Play-Fi, via Future Firmware Update
DTS Play-Fi is a wireless protocol that works with nearly any audio app on mobile devices and computers. Flick whatever's playing to the receiver, even different sources to different components at the same time.
- Non-Phase-Shift circuitry
- Gaming, Rock, Sports, Action, and RPG DSP modes
- AccuEQ with AccuReflex
- VLSC for noiseless audio processing from front speakers
- Advanced Music Optimizer
- Phase-Matching Bass Boost for enhanced bass and midrange
- HDCP 2.2 copy protection
- HDMI support for ARC, CEC, LipSync, DVD-Audio, SACD, and Multichannel PCM
- InstaPrevue input source preview
- Analog to HDMI upconversion
- Powered and Line-Out Zone 2
- Streaming audio from USB memory
- IP control via LAN for home automation systems
- GUI OSD output
- DTS object-based audio reproduction and DTS Neural:X upmixing for legacy soundtracks
- Power Output: 165 W/Ch (6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1% THD, 1 Channel Driven, IEC)
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 173.5 x 378 mm
- Frequency Response:
- Front/Center/Surround 50 Hz–45 kHz
- Subwoofer 20 Hz–100 Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D):
- Front 158 x 433 x 199 mm
- Center 433 x 158 x 199 mm
- Surround 200 x 275 x 169 mm
- Subwoofer 380 x 444 x 429 mm
- Front/Center: 5.3 kg
- Surround: 3.5 kg
- Subwoofer: 15.5 kg
- AV Receiver: 10.0 kg
- HDMI Front Input does not support 4K/60p video.
- HDMI Sub Out does not support ARC or CEC.
- For iOS and Android™ devices. Please check App Store or Google Play™ for device and OS requirements.
- Requires a future firmware update.
- Pandora available in Australia and New Zealand only.
- Availability of services may vary with region. Please confirm before purchase. Subscription may also be required.
- FireConnect™ is a technology based on Blackfire provided by Blackfire Research Corp., USA. Sampling rates of 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz are supported. Sharing audio from external analog inputs depends on the model and is enabled with a future firmware update.
- DSD not supported over wireless LAN.
- Dolby TrueHD playback via USB input only.